To view restaurant take-out menus, please click here.
If out in the community, please be mindful and respectful to people’s space and privacy and maintain the social distancing requirement of 2m (6-7 ft) on streets, trails and within stores.
If you are a local business who would like to update your information, please drop us a note at email@example.com. Thank you!
Changes to Community Services (until further notice)
- Life Labs
- Currently open 6:45 to 8:45am Tuesday and Thursday.
- Please practice social distancing and good personal hygiene when visiting the clinic.
- LifeLabs cannot test patients for coronavirus.
- UPDATE: Please review this blog post prior to visiting LifeLabs.
- Cates Pharmacy
- Currently closed to the public, but open for phone & email orders and pickup or delivery. Revised hours are 9:30am to 5:30 pm, Monday – Saturday (closed Sunday).
- You are able to order anything they carry, which includes prescriptions, pharmacy items, personal care supplies, stationary supplies, gifts, etc!
- If you need a prescription filled or other pharmacy supplies, call the pharmacy at 604-947-0766 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. You can have someone else pick it up.
- UPDATE: See announcement here.
Recycling / Waste
- Bowen Recycling Depot / Waste Services
- Garbage and Green Waste pickup will continue as per schedule.
- Recycling depot (BIRD) reopened on April 3. Hours of operations are Thursday – Monday from 9am to 2:30pm (closed Tues/Wed). Please read the full details on what you need to do here.
- UPDATE: See announcement here.
- Bowen Island Post Office
- Currently open 9:30am-4pm, Monday-Friday, and 10-11:30am on Saturday.
- Canada Post is no longer requiring customers to sign for parcels at the door to minimize personal contact.
- If you have a parcel or mail to pick up at a post office, please ensure social distancing requirement of 2m (6-7ft) between yourself and others.
- Normal delivery guarantees for parcel service have been suspended.
- Snug Cove General Store
- Currently open 8am to 8:30pm, 7 days a week (except Tuesday, store will open at Noon).
- Limited to 10 people in the store at one time. No children allowed in the store, unless accompanied by an adult.
- No longer taking bag donations.
- If you would like to place a delivery, please email the store at email@example.com.
- The Ruddy Potato
- Currently open 9am to 7:30pm, 7 days a week.
- Island Oasis water refills can be dropped off before 6pm at the Ruddy front door. Please ensure they are clean and write your name and phone number on the bottle. Bottles will be sanitized, filled for you and ready for pickup the next morning.
- If you do not feel comfortable entering the store, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info on placing an order (credit card).
- If you would like to place a delivery, please follow the following steps.
- Alderwood Farm
- Currently open 10am to 3pm, Wednesday to Sunday.
- Available for pickup or delivery only. Please phone at 604-947-9434 or message on Facebook to place an order.
- Pickup will be available for prepaid items and bags set outside the shop. Home delivery is available via “Food on Bowen.”
Beer & Wine
- Bowen Beer & Wine Cellar
- Currently open 10am to 9:30pm, Sunday to Thursday, and 10am to 10pm on Friday/Saturday (if forced to close, will move to delivery model).
- Please enter through the south door and exit through the north door.
- Copper Spirit Distillery
- Offering pickup and delivery for bottles of vodka, rye spirit or gin. Email email@example.com to place orders, and they will email and invoice.
Bars & Restaurants (takeout/delivery only)
“Food on Bowen” is an island service that delivers meals from local restaurants. They can be reached at 236-335-3959 (text/call) or you can message via their Facebook page.
- Currently open 4 to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Takeout is available. Menu is on their Facebook page. Call 604-947-2311 to order.
- Bowen Pub
- Currently open for take-out or delivery from Noon to 9pm daily.
- Delivery available via “Food on Bowen.” Menu can be found at www.bowenpub.com.
- Doc Morgan’s
- Currently open for takeout and off-sales from 4 to 8pm, 7 days a week.
- Call 604-947-0808 to order. Menu can be found at www.docmorgans.ca.
- Rustique Bistro
- Currently open for takeout from Wednesday to Saturday 12pm – 8pm and Sunday 11am – 3pm.
- Call 604-947-2277. Menu can be found on their Facebook page.
- Currently open 5 to 8pm, Wednesday through Saturday.
- Delivery available via “Food on Bowen.”
Cafes (Takeout/Delivery only)
- Artisan Eats
- Pickup or delivery available. Text or call 778-833-4002 by 3pm. Daily menu is available on their Facebook page (soup, pastries, bread, etc).
- Bread will continue to be delivered to The Ruddy Potato & the Snug Cove General Store.
- Bowen Island Espresso Hut
- Home delivery available for people wanting to order coffee beans. Text Chiara at 604-417-5003.
- Cocoa West
- Currently open 10am to 5pm (take out only).
- You can order at the takeout window, call in an order at 604-947-2996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Takeout items include hot chocolate, coffee, cakes and gelato.
- Snug Cafe
- Currently open 7am to 1pm, Tuesday to Friday, and 8am to 2pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Fresh pastries, muffins and coffee are available for takeout. Order ahead by calling 604-947-0402.
- Village Baker Cafe
- Currently open 8am to 1pm, Monday to Friday (closed weekends).
- Call 604-947-2869 to place a takeout or delivery order.
- Menu is available on their Facebook page (grab & go, baked goods, savourie).
- Bowen Island Public Library
- The library is currently closed. During the closure, you can still access many online resources from home, including eBooks, eAudio, online learning, digital magazines. Library staff are still available to answer questions by e-mail to email@example.com.
Health & Wellness
- Bowen Island Integrated Health
- Offering telehealth service for incapacitating injuries, new injury assessments, subsequent sessions, mental health services and dietician services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options or book through JaneApp.
- Birch Wellness
- Offering telehealth service for naturopathic visits. Book through JaneApp.
Floral & Garden
- Bowen Island Flower Shop
- Flowers, shrubs and vegetable/ flower seeds are available from 10am to 5pm.
- Everything in the courtyard is priced, so feel free to grab what you want and then send a list or picture of what you took to email@example.com. They will send an invoice and then you can pay. Please remember to shut and bungee the gate.
Note: More information on gardening during this pandemic can be found here.
- Bowen Building Centre
- No longer open to the public, except for sales of propane, presto logs and pellets on Tuesday and Friday between 1-5pm.
- Contractor sales will be load and go, and only for existing accounts who order in advance.
- Leigh Automotive
- Still open; book your appointment via phone and pay with your credit card.
- Geoff Degner, Mechanic
- Available for pick-up/drop-off for repairs and vehicle maintenance. Contact him at 604-202-7799 (call or text).
- The Watering Can Supply
- Currently open 12 to 3pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 4pm on Saturday.
- Drop your bottles in a bag with your name and a list of items. Casey can deliver items to you or you can pick them up. Call 604-341 2788.
- Bowen Pet Supply
- Call 778-873-3125 for delivery options.
- Bowen Veterinary Services
- Currently open 9am to 5pm, Tuesday – Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday.
- Make sure you have a reasonable supply of pet food and any medications your pet may need in the event that you feel uncomfortable coming in.
- For after-hours emergency and critical care patients, please go to Mountainside Animal Hospital who continue to remain open and fully-staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.