If you are a local business owner or resident, and would like to highlight an activity or program to the community, please drop us a note at email@example.com. Thank you!
Our public health authority is asking all individuals and families to stay home. With that said, they’ve also encouraged us to get outside (safely – in our yard, on a quiet trail), stay active, connect virtually with friends, and continue to pursue hobbies.
For the time being, the public health authority has asked all Canadians to only hang out with their immediate families only. No friend hang outs, playdates, sleepovers or group gatherings.
Things to do created by our community:
A number of our fellow neighbours and friends have put together resources and events to support us in pursuing play, wellness and learning through this pandemic.
Arts & Crafts
- Art By Di Colouring Pages (free!) – You can download them here: https://artbydi.ca/coloring-pages/
- Urban Homesteading Webinar (by donation) – Offered at various dates and times. To learn more and register, click here.
- Bowen COVID Scavenger Hunt (free!) – Join the Facebook group for clues: https://www.facebook.com/groups/650193212216520/
Health & Wellness
- Virtual Yoga Classes with The Well on Bowen (via Namastream)
- They have have a growing library of pre-recorded online classes in a variety of lengths and styles for just $20/month! Click here to sign up. (Members get access for FREE, contact them for your exclusive coupon code.)
- Livestream classes will be on Mon/Wed/Fri from 10-11am led by Chantal Russell + Sarah Kraatz – Yoga. Book your classes via The Well’s website! Use your existing package or unlimited membership to book.
- 20 min Workouts with Mary Letson at Positively Fit (by donation!) – Held at 9am every Monday, Wednesday & Friday. To register, visit: https://www.positivelyfit.ca/group-training
- 4-week Online Breathwork & Meditation Immersion (by donation!) – For more information, click here.
- Online Guided Meditation with Lisa Shatzky (free!) – Will be offered Sunday mornings on Facebook. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.