Self-Isolation vs. Isolation
You are required to self-isolate for 14 days if:
- You have recently returned from out-of-country; or
- You have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
Note: It is recommended that you self-isolate if you are at higher risk of contracting COVID-19. This includes those aged 65 and over, those with compromised immune systems and those with underlying medical conditions.
You are required to isolate if:
- You are symptomatic with a fever, coughing or difficulty breathing (even if mild symptoms);
- You have been you have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- You are waiting for the results of a lab test for COVID-19; or
- You have been advised to do so by our Public Health Authority.
Supplies Needed: The Public Health Agency of Canada has recommended that you have supplies at home while you’re isolating. These include: surgical masks, disposable gloves, paper towels, tissues, a thermometer, over-the-counter medication to treat fever, soap and cleaning products. The full list can be found here.
Additional information on self-isolation and isolation:
- Know the Difference: Self-Monitoring vs. Self-Isolation vs. Isolation
- For travellers without symptoms returning to Canada
- How to isolate at home when you have COVID-19
- How to care for a person with COVID-19 at home
A group of neighbours in Bluewater created signage for neighbours to use on their front doors. They are education focused and completely optional to use. Feel free to download:
- COVID-19 Outbreak – Weak Immune System Door Signage
- COVID-19 Outbreak – Out-of-Country Door Signage
- COVID-19 Outbreak – Isolation Door Signage
- COVID-19 Outbreak – Social Distancing Door Signage
We are lucky to have many of our local businesses support those currently in self-isolation and/or isolation:
Artisan Office Services Delivery Program
Artisan Office Services has partnered with a number of local businesses and will offer free delivery to your home. These businesses include: Snug Cove General Store, The Ruddy Potato, Alderwood Farm, Village Baker, Cates Pharmacy, Bowen Vet, Bowen Pet Supply and Bowen Building Centre.
Note: They cannot deliver tobacco, alcohol, lottery tickets, or prescription cannabis products.
Please call the respective store, place your order, pay via credit card and ask for delivery.
- General Store: Email detailed list of order to email@example.com (available Wednesday – Saturday; 1 delivery / week).
- Ruddy Potato: Email detailed list of order to firstname.lastname@example.org (available Monday-Friday). More info can be found here.
- Cates Pharmacy: Email order to email@example.com (can include prescriptions or other pharmacy and personal care supplies).
More information on Artisan’s delivery program can be found here: http://artisanoffice.com/a-community-response-to-covid-19/
Food on Bowen
Food on Bowen currently delivers take-out from the Bowen Island Pub, Tuscany and Alderwood Farm. Menus can be found here. They are offering “contact-less” delivery.
Call or text your order to 236-335-3959, wait for confirmation and then make your payment via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (use ‘foodonbowen’ as the password). They will confirm a delivery time and drop the food outside your door when they arrive.
Bowen Beer & Wine Cellar
Deliveries will take place during the daytime and be either the same day or next day. For orders over $100, delivery is free, for orders from $50 to $100, the fee is $5. Order minimum is $50. Orders must be prepaid using a credit card. To make an order, call 604-947-2729.
Bowen Island Espresso Hut
Delivery available for freshly roasted coffee beans (or ground). Text Chiara at 604-417-5003 or email email@example.com.
The Watering Can Supply
Our very own refill store carries lots of cleaning products and personal care items. Deliveries are available for those in isolation. Delivery fee is $10. Contact Casey at 604-341-2788 to place an order.
Bowen Island Flower Shop
The Flower Shop has lots of perennials, tropical plant, garden seeds, and fresh flowers in stock. For those in self-isolation, they will happily deliver. Free delivery on product over $50, and a small $5 delivery fee on orders under $50. They will drop the items at your door and accept e-transfer or card payments over the phone. Call Devon at 604-947-2278.
Vancouver-based Grocery Delivery
Fresh Street Market, Stong’s and Spud continue to offer grocery delivery to our community.
- Fresh Street Market – deliver every Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sun; new time slots open at midnight on various days; fee is $9.99
- Stong’s Market – deliver every Monday and Thursday; new time slots open at midnight on Thursday’s; fee is $14.99
- SPUD – delivers every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; new time slots open on Sunday’s; free delivery if order is over $35