B.C. seniors, adults, youth and frontline health care workers experiencing anxiety, depression or other mental health challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic can get help through virtual services.
To support British Columbians of all ages during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Province is expanding existing mental health programs and launching new services.
To view all provincial mental health services available, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid19
Important Numbers (available 24/7)
- Call 9-1-1 if you are in an emergency.
- Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) if you are considering suicide or are concerned about someone who may be.
- Call 310Mental Health Support at 310-6789 (no area code needed) for emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health.
- Call Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a professional counsellor (20 yrs old and younger).
Crisis/Distress Phone Lines (available 24/7)
To speak to someone that can offer emotional support, listen, and possibly provide information on other options for support. For more info see www.crisiscentre.bc.ca
- Greater Vancouver: 604-872-3311
- Sunshine Coast/Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311
- TTY: 1-866-872-0113
- The Seniors’ Distress Line: 604-872-1234
Online Chat Services (available Noon to 1 am daily)
Local Sessions on Anxiety & Social Isolation
Our Bowen Health Centre Foundation is offering sessions:
- April 12, 19, & 26, 7:00 PM Coping with anxiety and social isolation
- April 15, 22, & 29, 8:30 AM Coping with anxiety and social isolation
For more info, read this announcement.
BounceBack® (www.bouncebackbc.ca) is a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach.
Kelty Mental Health (https://keltymentalhealth.ca/) is a source of mental health information and offers scheduled webinars on topical mental health issues.
MindhealthBC (http://www.mindhealthbc.ca/) is a resource to assist you in finding supports for yourself or others.
FoundryBC (www.foundrybc.ca/northshore) is a resource for youth 12-24, mental health and substance use support. Tele-counselling drop-in is available Monday-Thursday from 1 to 5 pm. Phone: 604-984-5060.
Note: The above information is consistent with information provided by https://cmha.bc.ca/mental-health/find-help/ and the Crisis Centre of BC.